Keravis™: The Science of Hair Strength
Designed to deliver optimal anti-breakage benefits, Keravis is a multifaceted protein based complex which acts on all of the three fundamental parameters of hair strength -- tensile properties, bending modulus and cuticle abrasion.
The unique chemical composition of Keravis enables it to penetrate the hair cuticle, building strength from within, while providing film forming effects to reinforce, lubricate and protect the hair surface.
- Hair strengthening active
- Able to triple the strength of damaged hair compared to a control conditoner
- Consumer-perceivable improvement in hair strength
- Strengthens hair to resist combing damage
- Outperforms the strengthening/anti-breakage properties of Panthenol
- Proven efficacy from rinse-off systems
- Water soluble
Anti-breakage Benefits from Rinse-off Systems
The strengthening properties of Keravis were assesed in conditioner and shampoo using the flexabrasion method on hair weakened by bleaching. The results are expressed as a percentage change in hair strength compared to the untreated control virgin hair fiber.
Studies demonstrated that a conditioner containing Keravis at only 0.25% (1.5% as supplied) active delivers three times the strengthening or anti-breakage benefits compared to the same conditioner without Keravis (control conditioner). It is interesting to not that bleached hair treated with the Keravis conditioner is 175% stronger than the virgin hair fibers.