The Synperonic™ PE series are a group of nonionic, tri-block copolymer surfactants for pharmaceutical applications. The Synperonic PE products are chemically similar, differing only in their content of polypropylene to polyethylene oxide. This variation causes the physical and surface active properties of the poloxamers to vary.
Individual Synperonic™ PE products are suitable for a variety of applications, including parenteral and ophthalmic delivery systems, dental care and medicated skin care formulations such as antibacterial washes and anti-acne formulations.
Benefits of the Synperonic™ PE series include:
- PhEur and NF monograph compliant (Synperonic PE/F 68, Synperonic PE/F 87 and Synperonic PE/F 127 only)
- Act as solubilisers, emulsifyiers, gelling agents, foaming and defoaming agents and detergents
- Mild, non-irritant nature - ideal for use in ophthalmic applications such as contact lens solutions and eye drops
- Thermally reversible gel formation possible
- Extremely low taste and odour
More detailed information about the Synperonic PE range is available to download in the form of a datasheet. In order to view this, please register or login to the Croda Direct customer extranet.