Recent financial performance and KPIs
Our most recent results for the half year 2022 were announced on the 29 July 2022:
Excellent first half performance
- Delivered record sales, margin and profit
- Sales up 21%, driven by pricing and improved mix
- Adjusted profit before tax up 26%, reflecting sales growth and higher return on sales, up 70 bps to 26.6% (2021: 25.9%)
- IFRS profit before tax of £636.5m (2021: £204.1m), including £360.6m profit on strategic divestment
- Lower free cash flow reflecting investment in working capital to support sales growth
- Strong operating model underpinning strategic progress
- Strength and depth of portfolio – growth in adjusted profit delivered across Croda businesses
- Continued recovery of unprecedented raw material and cost inflation
- Transition to pure-play Consumer Care and Life Sciences business
- Divestment of majority of Performance Technologies and Industrial Chemicals (“PTIC”; excludes Sipo in China in which Croda has a 65% shareholding)
- Creates stronger margin, higher return, less cyclical and lower carbon intensive business
- Increases proportion of sales from New and Protected Products (“NPP”)
- Redeployment of divestment proceeds underway – enhanced organic investment programme to drive future growth, supported by up to £75m of government co-investment to expand capabilities in pharmaceutical delivery systems
Half year 2022 results
“This is an excellent first half performance, with record sales, margin and profit driven by the strength of our operating model, which enabled continued recovery of unprecedented cost inflation, and the ongoing successful implementation of our strategy.
“A strong Consumer Care performance saw expanded sales of our sustainable technologies, increased geographic coverage in fragrances and margin expansion. The increasing depth and diversity of our Life Sciences portfolio was evident in a strong result in Crop Protection, whilst Health Care built on an exceptional 2021 performance and is developing an exciting pipeline of non-COVID applications.
“With the successful divestment of the majority of our industrials business, our transition to a pure-play Consumer Care and Life Sciences business continues. Croda is becoming a stronger margin, higher return, less cyclical and lower carbon intensive business. Our focused platform and strategy are enhancing both our full year expectations and our medium-term growth prospects.”
Key performance indicators (KPIs)
We identify targets and measure our progress towards delivering our strategic objectives.
We updated our sustainability KPIs in 2020 to reflect our commitment to be Climate, Land and People Positive by 2030.
Results, presentations and reports
View our results collateral and archive.Find out more
Key dates in our financial calendar for results, presentations, shareholder meetings and dividend timings.Find out more
During 2021, the strength and quality of our business model has been further demonstrated.Find out more