Anita Frew (Chairman)
The Nomination Committee consists of the Chairman of the Board, the Non-Executive Directors and the Group Chief Executive. It meets on an ad hoc basis and is responsible for nominating candidates for appointment to the Board for approval by the Board, and for succession planning. It evaluates the balance of skills, knowledge, experience and diversity on the Board, and identifies and nominates suitable candidates for appointment to the Board.
The Key Responsibilities of the Committee are to:
- To review regularly the structure, size and composition (including the skills, knowledge, experience and diversity) of the Board and make recommendations for any changes to the Board
- To give full consideration to succession planning for Directors and other senior Executives in the course of its work, taking into account the challenges and opportunities facing the Company and, consequently, what skills and expertise the Board will need in future
- Where a Board vacancy is identified, to evaluate the balance of skills, knowledge, experience and diversity on the Board and prepare a description of the role and capabilities required for the respective appointment
- To identify and nominate candidates to fill Board vacancies, for the approval of the Board, as and when openings arise
- To keep the organisation’s leadership needs, both Executive and Non-Executive, under review to ensure that Croda continues to compete effectively in the marketplace
- To review annually the time required from a Non-Executive Director and the Chairman
- To make recommendations on succession planning for the Board.
Looking ahead to 2017
In addition to routine business, during the year the Committee will:
- Continue to review the balance, experience and skills of the Board, paying particular attention to the tenure of the Non-Executive Directors and the need to progressively refresh the Board
- Continue to monitor succession planning for the senior leadership team to ensure a healthy pipeline of talent is emerging for future Executive and Board roles.
Further details of the Committee's activities during the year ended 31 December 2016 can be found in the Corporate Governance report in the 2016 Annual Report & Accounts.