Helena Ganczakowski (Chair)
The Committee determines and agrees with the Board the Company's Remuneration policy and framework. It determines the remuneration packages for all Executive Directors, members of the Executive Committee, including the Company Secretary, and the Chair of the Board and recommends and monitors the level and structure of remuneration for senior managers.
The Key responsibilities of the Committee are to:
Detailed responsibilities are set out in the Committee's terms of reference, which can be found at the bottom of this page. A summary is provided below:
- Determine and agree with the Board the framework or broad policy for the remuneration of the Company's Chair, the Group Chief Executive, the Executive Directors, the Company Secretary and other members of senior management
- In determining such policy, take into account factors which it deems necessary, including relevant legal and regulatory requirements, the provisions and recommendations of the UK Corporate Governance Code and associated guidance
- Review workforce remuneration and related policies and the alignment of incentives and rewards with culture, taking these into account when setting remuneration policy for Directors
- Feedback to the Board on workforce reward, incentives and conditions in support of the Board's monitoring of whether the workforce policies and practices of the Company are aligned with its purpose, values and strategy
- Review the ongoing appropriateness and relevance of the Remuneration Policy
- Establish the selection criteria, select, appoint and set the terms of reference for any remuneration consultants who advise the Committee and obtain reliable, up-to-date information about the remuneration in other companies
- Oversee any major changes in employee benefit structures throughout the Group.
The Company's remuneration policies and practices should:
- Support the Company's strategy and promote long-term sustainable success
- Ensure that the senior management of the Company are provided with appropriate incentives to encourage enhanced performance and are, in a fair and responsible manner, rewarded for their individual contributions to the success of the Company.